Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Update

A little update of the past 3 months.


The wedding was beautiful. It was a long day but everything went perfect! The temple was so special and I was so happy to share it with my close friends and family. Our honeymoon didn't work out as planned... ha there were a lot of things that went wrong, lets just say we pretty much drove down to St George to eat and came back. But we will always have that funny memory! 


So one weekend we were hanging out with our married friends Brian and Lindsey Nielson, Kylan and Brian got this great idea to go camping. Since it was already dark Lindsey and I were pretty sketched out but we just went along with our husbands. We packed up and left up the canyon. After a while of driving we found a great spot. After we set up the tent, our beds, and got a fire started we sat around the fire to relax. We forgot to bring food other than candy, so pretty soon we were all hungry. The boys convinced us to leave all of our stuff there, drive all the way back down, go to Walmart and get some hot dogs. Then we drove all the way back. After our hour detour Kylan had set up our sleeping arrangements to have all four of us sleep in the same tent... and in the same sleeping bag. Two newlywed couples sharing a sleeping bag. It was pretty funny, we felt like sardines in a can. Great way to break the ice!


Well I found out I have to get surgery on my foot in December. For those of you who didn't hear, I broke my foot a year ago doing a handstand, in my room, by myself, taking a timed test online. Pretty embarrassing huh?
I ended up shattered my 4th metatarsal and broke it up higher also. Unfortunately I had to go to school on crutches, and on lortab. Well the first day back to school I sat in the Hub telling groups of people all the stories of my childhood. Pretty soon I realized I didn't go to class at all, I just sat in the Hub for 4-5 hours.
The next week I had random people approach me saying, "Oh you're that girl who was telling all those crazy stories in the Hub!". Lovely. Not only did I embarrass myself then, but I rented a electric scooter to get around on campus. I ended up wrecking it in front of everyone, and cutting my head open.

So this is what Kylan get to look forward to when I do get surgery.
Can I just tell you I am so happy I married a Ute fan? I think if I had married a BYU fan that would be the 1st reason of divorce. haha. It is so fun to look forward to all the games. I was raised as a ute fan and went to all the games ever since I was little. I get pretty into football... I didn't really realize that until I got married. Kylan loves watching football so it is perfect. One day kylan had some friends over and I came in the room and said "Is it okay if I turn on the game?". All of his friends were shocked. We got to go to the Ute vs Pitt game a week after we were married and it was so much fun. We were in the middle of the Pitt section so it was kinda scary and the end Kylan told me to run out of there because the Pitt fans were getting a little angry.


A couple weeks ago APX had a back-end party and NitroCircus came and put on a big show. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the whole crew from the summer. This next summer Kylan will be a tech manager so it will be really nice for him. He has been recruiting and installing like crazy! I am pretty excited to see where we will be going and who we will be going with in January!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you I have been waiting for an update for way to long. I miss you like crazy! I hope you are coming down next week for Thanksgiving. If so you have to call! we must go out. love you lots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dana you guys are soo cute!! i love this! miss you :)

    ReplyDelete