Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Well since I never wrote about our trip to Cali over spring break I decided to do it now before I forget. Kylan and I went to California with our friends Brian and Lindsey. See Brian and kylan had a little bromance going on for a while where they liked to do everything together, and I love Lindsey so it just worked out great. We were staying just 2 blocks away from Disneyland, so I convinced everyone that we should go there. Even with my bum foot, I was at the head of the pack. Kylan says that the only time I walk fast is at Disneyland and the mall (which is probably true). We also went shopping and to many many beaches.

Well one night we decided to do something random and go to Medieval Times. It was mainly the boys idea. When we got there, Lindsey and I were loving it and well - the boys weren't. I thought it was hilarious. We wore crowns, ate with our hands, and I even got a rose thrown to me! Then all of a sudden I was coughing, couldn't breath, and my voice became really deep. I knew I was having an allergic reaction but I didn't want to leave! I was having so much fun. So for a while i didn't say anything. I assumed it was from the horses, but it was the worst allergic reaction I have ever had. I was getting a little frightened because I knew that my throat could close off and I wouldn't be able to breathe. So after the show we ran to the Walgreen's and asked the pharmacist what I should take. She told me to take a double dose of some allergy medicine but if it doesn't help fast, I needed to go to the ER because I could die. (I swear I have the most messed up body) Luckily, after I took the medicine I passed out at like 9 and was fine the rest of the night.
I am in love with Eden Prairie. It is absolutely beautiful here, I need to take some pics to show everyone. There is this 2.5 mile pathway right next to our apartment that goes all around a lake, its wonderful. The days go by really fast but I am super excited to get home. I have been here for 9 weeks, and only 10 more weeks to go! I will miss Minnesota.

Last Sunday we were able to go to Bryant Lake with all of our husbands. It is this beautiful warm sand bottomed lake. It was heaven. Then later that night we were dropping off kylan's tech at a house. While we were slowly pulling away, all of a sudden we hear a voice yelling something through my rolled-down window. I looked back and saw this teenage, African American boy chasing after our car, and then yells to me: "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU!" Alright?? I was pretty scared at first but seriously, who would do that? So it kind of makes me laugh when I think about it. We also went to Como zoo, this free zoo in st. Paul, and they had these Japanese gardens that were amazing! I never wanted to leave.

the girls

P.S. Sis Hancock gets home this Oct. and I could not be anymore excited! I am so grateful for her and I can't wait to have some more adventures when she gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment